Digital Marketing or Online marketing is a growing industry day by day. At the same time, Search Engines are also becoming ever more intelligent. Google is researching more on RankBrain Algorithm. It is relying on machine learning artificial intelligence system. As an online marketer, it will be tough to predict the newest trends but It is our job to identify and adapt the things. Here I am trying to explain a few important trends that will be prominent in 2019 Digital Marketing world.
Content will continue ruling the first position.
Using great content can inform about users what a website or business is about. It is about how you are explaining your ideas in letters. If you know the pulse of your readers and you can explain your ideas in a more informal way or user engaging way, then you will be a success in this. The content creation or content writing will be the major factor in the coming year also. In 2019 If your website is with not much content or competent dry, you won’t be able to gain a good position in SERP ranking. In the coming year Google will be much more intelligent than before, so if you are playing with copied content and not caught till date, don’t sit as relaxed. This time you may get panelized.
Also don’t forget about the basic things like meta title and description, Page title and Heading tags. If you missed this, it will demolish all your efforts.
So give your main effort to create good quality content.
In the earlier days’ digital marketers or SEO guys used to optimize the website only for the search engine point of view by adding content with keyword stuffing and all. Later Google comes up with algorithms like Google Panda, Humming Bird and all for enhancing the better user experience, finally, Google came with RankBrain Algorithm. RankBrain give more weightage for user experience signals such as
- CTR (Click Through rate -Organic),
- Bounce Rate
- Pogo Sticking
- Loading Time
- Website Architecture
- Mobile Optimization
Hope all are aware of these factors. Now let’s check how we can overcome this. For that we need to check the following factors:
- Optimize Title and Description tags for better CTR
- Create in-depth content
- Use LSI keywords
- Improve usability
- Boost page load speed
Now a day all are having smartphones with good interment speed So users will not spend time to read a big article, instead of reading a big article they will spend time to watch a 5 or 10 minutes’ video. According to the studies, Video content will gain 80% of online traffic in the coming years. because the average attention span of consumers is short, and most people would rather watch a video than reading a big article.
- 72% of Entrepreneurs says that video has improved their conversion rate.
- 52% of Consumers purchased the product after watching the demo video.
YouTube and other videos are displayed in the SERPs, so it has a major role in SEO also. We can optimize YouTube videos by closed captions, description, etc.
AI-based chat boats will have an important role in business in the coming future. The chat boats are more accurate and efficient now a day, they can provide better information in an efficient way than humans with 24*7*365 support.
Most of the users prefer Catboats over human chat support because they will provide quick response, never lose patience, they will accurately recall the previous chat history and details.
We all know Google is using structured data to create a rich snippet. Recently Google has made some changes in SERP, so we need to showcase our presence in the SERP smartly. Our snippet should be an eye-catching one.
Rich snippets can significantly increase the click-through rate (CTR) for your website.
Rich snippets can easily gain the user attraction, as a result, it will increase your Click through rate (CTR) significantly.
These are some commonly using snippets;
- rating stars
- opening hours
- event data
Backlinks Still continue the position
Backlinks still have significant importance in website ranking. Don’t ignore backlinks If you want to rank good in 2019. SEO and backlinks will always go together.
A lot of changes happened in backlink creation. Two-three years before link building means reciprocal linking, paid links, guest blogging or just directory submission. These old techniques won’t work in these days. Let’s see How we can increase backlinks these days;
- Using Broken Links: Using this technique, you can find out broken links in other sites’ content where your competitors links are there but that is a deadlink. If possible, you can replace it with your website link or you can send a request to the webmaster regarding this. (I will discuss this in detail in the coming blogs…)
- Brand Mentions: You may be wondering how many websites using your brand name for their page or post without using an “ahref “ tag. You can identify shares of your content with some tools and ask for a backlink.
- Testimonial Link Building: Many companies or business offer you a chance to share your feedback about their product or service. This is a perfect way for them to build customer trust. On the other hand, it’s a great opportunity for you to get a backlink and potential traffic from that site.
- Forum Posting: Forum posting is still active. If you can share a link in a reputable relevant forum then you can earn a high quality “do follow” backlink. But it is a tough task, you can’t do this within one day. You need to active in that forum at least for 2,3 months without posting any links. Then only the admin will approve your link. You need to strictly follow the guideline of the forum.
These may be the primary factors affecting the scope of SEO in 201